Cursor plugin for Neovim?

Hello, I am a paying customer but I use Neovim. I only use Cursor to chat with the codebase because it is very accurate in comparison with chatgpt or copilot chat.

What are the chances for Cursor to release a plugin for Neovim ? I’d be more than happy to pay for it. I am currently on a $20 plan.

Thanks.

9 Likes

I think this is unlikely in the near future.

+1 for this. Also a paying customer, but transitioning from Neovim to VSCode is too untenable to make Cursor a viable daily driver. Access to Cursor’s chat or Cursor Tab feature in Neovim would be amazing and I would happily pay for it.

1 Like

Another +1. I would gladly pay extra for Neovim support :slight_smile:

+1 I also need using Cursor in NeoVim

+1, can’t imagine how coding fly once cursor combined with neovim. I would gladly pay extra for that too

+1 here :raised_hand:

+1 🫱🏼‍🫲🏽

• 1 :heart:

+1000

+1 I’ve been telling friends to use cursor but I’m on lunarvim / neovim and using aider.chat which is great too and in some ways better

+1 🫱🏼‍🫲🏽

I am also deadly waiting for. I am ok to pay extra for
+1000

+1 :+1:

Notepad ++ is too good

For everyone who wants Neovim in Cursor. I have it running, even with my Lua config and AutoCommands. Really neat.

• Install the ‘VSCode Neovim’ extension, by asvetliakov

If you use vim.cmd in your lua files, then change them to: pcall(vim.cmd, …)

Tip: let Cursor help you to make those changes correctly :grinning:
This will make it run smoothly in plain Neovim AND in the Cursor IDE.

I’m not paying cursor only because of this reason. There’s a big community that is using Nvim, and would be awesome to have a plugin like OS projects such as Avante(GitHub - yetone/avante.nvim: Use your Neovim like using Cursor AI IDE!) is doing it, or Codium(paid sub).

I will definitely pay the subscription when Cursor provide a plugin for Nvim, so I will keep an eye on this.