Easy SSH: an SSH terminal tab in Cursor where Ctrl+click downloads the file

Hi all, I made a small free extension for Cursor (and VS Code) and wanted to share it here.

Most of my SSH sessions are quick ones: log in, check something, grab a log file, maybe upload a config. I got tired of switching to scp and retyping paths, so I built Easy SSH.

It opens a normal login shell in a Cursor terminal tab, and:

  • Ctrl+click (Cmd+click on Mac) a file name to download it
  • Ctrl+click a folder name to cd into it
  • drag a file onto the terminal to upload it to the current folder
  • saved connections, password / key / agent login, jump hosts, and import from ~/.ssh/config

Nothing gets installed on the server. It’s on Open VSX, so you can install it from Cursor’s extensions panel by searching “Easy SSH”.

Easy SSH demo

GitHub: GitHub - dhlptx00/EasySSH: Manage SSH connections in a terminal and transfer files with the remote directory you are in. Works in VS Code and Cursor. · GitHub

It’s early (0.1.4) and only targets Linux servers with bash/zsh for now. Bug reports are very welcome.

Disclosure: I’m the developer. It’s free and MIT licensed.