I cannot run the appimage file on Ubuntu 24.04

When I try to run the executable appimage I get this error message:

sad@sad-HP-ZBook-17-G2:~/Downloads$ ./cursor-0.36.2x86_64.AppImage 
[1197382:0708/155511.448807:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(158)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that /tmp/.mount_cursorKp4Zvi/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
sad@sad-HP-ZBook-17-G2:~/Downloads$ ls -hlt ./cursor-0.36.2x86_64.AppImage 
-rwxrwxr-x 1 sad sad 169M Jul  8 13:32 ./cursor-0.36.2x86_64.AppImage

I’ve invein tried the given solution in: https://github.com/getcursor/cursor/issues/844#issuecomment-2080288303:

sad@sad-HP-ZBook-17-G2:~/Downloads$ sudo nano /etc/apparmor.d/cursor-appimage
[sudo] password for sad: 
sad@sad-HP-ZBook-17-G2:~/Downloads$ sudo apparmor_parser -r /etc/apparmor.d/cursor-appimage
apparmor_parser: Regex grouping error: Invalid number of items between {}
apparmor_parser: Unable to parse input line '/home/{USER}/Applications/cursor*.AppImage'
apparmor_parser: Invalid profile name '/home/{USER}/Applications/cursor*.AppImage' - bad regular expression
ERROR processing regexs for profile cursor, failed to load

Henrik Bach

You need to change the “/home/{USER}/Applications/cursor/*.AppImage” in file “/etc/apparmor.d/cursor-appimage” to where your Cursor AppImage is located, for me, I changed it to “/home/xupack/cursor/cursor-0.37.1x86_64.AppImage” and then ran the “sudo apparmor_parser -r /etc/apparmor.d/cursor-appimage” command. Hope this helps!

@Xupack

Yes, it helped me understanding what was needed. thank you.