I feel a "little" conned. This is the titled I chose because this is how I feel

Probably is that I don’t know how to use it correctly, or I didn’t read some small print somewhere…

The truth is I paid yesterday, Im not even 24 hours a new user, and suddenly they are sending me to slow requests. Not only that, I went to settings, I specifically I pointed out that I only wanted Claude Sonnet, whatever the 10 uses of Opus, and cursor small, for good measure.

Checking my usage I see a bunch of GPT 3.5 turbo that I have never used because doesn’t produce good code. I have used 19 fast requests, and now is sending me to slow requests, as much as 6 minutes? Dont I have 500 fast requests from the beginning? I would understood if I consumed all of them, but no… ‘19’, most of them by gpt 3.5 turbo.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I get a bug or my glasses didnt catch some small print? Is this supposedly to be daily so you get cut off every day?

I would upload more screenshots but Im only allowed to one as a new user.

Edit: I don’t have to say it, but I’m not using any VPN, my connection is stellar, and I already sent an email to hi@cursor yesterday, asking questions about the gpt 3.5 turbo.

PS: I titled it “I feel a “little” conned” because this is the way how I feel.
The attempt to change the title of this post is way out of line. Instead to reply to me in a honest way, trying to water it? This convinces me more of not very nice business practice. Disappointing.

CleanShot 2024-08-25 at 15.19.09

Can you try 3.5 Sonnet in normal chat (as opposed to long context chat) and see if you are still getting slow requests? You can switch to normal chat using the dropdown in the top right!

1 Like

Hi @iHopist ,

The following info may also assist in troubleshooting:

01) Copy/paste system information from Cursor > Help > About

02) Are you signed into your account in Cursor, with correct email address?
(Cursor Settings > Account - it should say Pro)

03) Can you see any other error messages or logs?

Here are some places to look:

Open developer tools via:

Cursor > Help > Toggle Developer Tools

and then click Console and see if there are any related errors when performing the relevant action in Cursor.

On Windows, you can also find logs here:

C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Roaming\Cursor\logs

This is the parent folder of the folder that is opened when doing:

• Ctrl + Shift + P (to open command palette in Cursor)

• Typing and selecting Developer: Open Logs Folder

In regard to what is included as a Pro user, here is a related post:

Screenshot of account area in Cursor Settings:

Screenshot of how to access logs from command palette (Ctrl + Shift + P):

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
I did that already, Im all logged in, in my pro account.
What I don’t understand is this: if I have 500 fast uses, only when those are done, the slow uses will show up, and of course, the choice of extra can be activated, etc. Am I right? Not before. Or is that even when Im pro, I will have only 10 uses per day? I don’t want to say that write up is not clear on purpose, but is quite an obtuse copy.
And all in all, I dont understand why I have gpt 3.5 turbo in my uses.

I did it, it worked…but why? Also, if I have only chosen Sonnet, why it keeps appearing gpt 3.5 and 4o?
Unless there is a reasonable explanation, it looks to me really bad business practices, changing the models this way. It would have been better to price it more favorable to the company than applying all those subterfuges. I have paid API prices, and if your software is good, why wouldn’t keep paying a fair price if the work produced is good.