Import VSCode settings to Linux

I couldn’t get Cursor working on my WSL box from my Windows box (there are already issues about this here and on GitHub), so I gave up and I’m just trying to use the Linux app from within my WSL box.

But there’s no way to import my Windows VSCode settings/extensions with one click.

I really wish there was better WSL support in general…

Thanks for pointing this out! We pushed out a fix for WSL about a month ago (or at least we thought we did).

I’ve noted this down for us to look into.

Would also be really helpful if you could show some screenshots of the WSL bug / error that you see!

Ubuntu:

$ cursor .
/mnt/c/Users/csimm/AppData/Local/Programs/cursor/resources/app/bin/cursor: 62: /mnt/c/Users/csimm/AppData/Local/Programs/cursor/resources/app/Cursor.exe: not found

$ ls /mnt/c/Users/csimm/AppData/Local/Programs/cursor/resources/app/bin/
code  code.cmd  cursor  cursor.cmd  fixWSLNew.ps1  server-env-setup  setPath.ps1

# Note the lack of Cursor.exe in this dir 👇
$ ls /mnt/c/Users/csimm/AppData/Local/Programs/cursor/resources/app/
'$HOME'                              bin                      node_modules.asar            product.json
 Cursor.VisualElementsManifest.xml   builderStaticFiles       node_modules.asar.unpacked   resources
 LICENSE.txt                         entitlements.mac.plist   out                          scripts
 ThirdPartyNotices.txt               extensions               package.json

Location of cursor bin in Windows

Location of Cursor.exe in Windows

Cursor.exe just isn’t in C:\Users\csimm\AppData\Local\Programs\cursor\resources\app

I tried making a copy, symlinking, etc. But the paths in the cursor bin just need a bit more work than I’m willing to do right now so I just did a workaround and directly invoke Cursor from within WSL:

alias curse="/mnt/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/powershell.exe -Command \"& 'C:\\Users\\csimm\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\cursor\\Cursor.exe' .\""

:warning: If anyone copy/pastes this, be sure to swap out csimm with your Windows user name.

Usage:

$ cd ~/Projects/my-project
$ curse

Sidenote: I hate this forum software. It’s ugly and it keeps restricting me (can’t post images, can only post 2 links) because I’m a new user. I’m sure there are reasons devs use it, but I wish everyone would just use GH Issues/Discussions. :frowning: