Indexing only reads first folder in the workspace

Trying to use indexing on a workspace with multiple folders, but it only indexes the codebase in the first folder and skips all the other folders in the workspace. Is this a known issue or a lacking feature? If not, what are the best steps to debug and resolve?

Deleting and resyncing index hasn’t helped.

6 Likes

Yea, codebase indexing only uses the first open folder in the workspace. As a workaround, you could try putting both folders into one parent folder and open that parent folder in Cursor.

Not sure if anyone thinks this would be worth a new feature, but I’d definitely like to have an option to index additional folders in the workspace.

1 Like

+1 vote here
I have a monorepo and use workspaces to focus on the active projects. I could open the root monorepo folder as a workaround, but then I get a lot of noise that I’m not interested in.

1 Like

+1 it is a must have, please consider adding the feature

3 Likes

+1 I wish we can just pick the folders to index as I prefer opening each folder in its own window even though the context should be shared across them.

Why would this only index one folder and not really explain it? This would be great to have a way to index multiple folders.

Agree, I got some big interleaving projects in multiple folders in a workspace

I have a go project which has multiple go modules in different folders in a single repo. We need a fix for this since the workaround to import the root folder does not work since the go language server expects the folder to be a go module and the root folder is not a go module. Is there a workaround for this?