Referencing python functions

Hey all, Please excuse if this has already been covered. I did search the forums and couldn’t seem to find an answer to this question before I asked it here.

Firstly I am not a coder by nature but obviously, cursor opens up a whole new world to those who are willing to try and put in some time and effort, so absolutely fantastic job on this tool it is quite simply amazing.

I am working on a python project and my usual approach when chatting with claude would be to copy and paste full functions or code snippets and then ask questions etc. I notice that you can include mentions in chat. I can’t seem to mention or reference a specific function within the application rather than having to paste code snippets still. Is that possible at all and I just don’t know how?

Reason for this is that I know I can highlight specific areas of code and then CTRL+K to chat to just that section, but I want to reference 2 or 3 functions that are spread within my file so I can’t just highlight them all easily in one go so being able to reference specific functions would be super helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.