Where does the bug appear (feature/product)?
Cursor IDE
Describe the Bug
Cursor still sometimes launches a sub-agent with a different model than the one the parent chat is using. I have “Default Model” set to Last Used. I am using Composer 2.5. It just launched a sub-agent with Claude Sonnet 5 High >:[
Attached screenshot shows Default Model setting, main chat model, and subagent model.
Steps to Reproduce
Use the Superpowers “code-reviewer” skill. It launches a subagent to perform the actual review.
Expected Behavior
It should use Last Used model. I expect that to be the model that was currently in use when the subagent was launched.
Screenshots / Screen Recordings
Operating System
Windows 10/11
Version Information
Version: 3.21.18 (user setup)
VS Code Extension API: 1.128.0
Commit: c4730f7d93d787d9ab120af715999f0345ee5bc0
Date: 2026-09-22T02:04:34.641Z
Layout: IDE
Build Type: Stable
Release Track: Default
Electron: 42.10.0
Chromium: 148.0.7778.280
Node.js: 24.18.1
V8: 14.8.178.38-electron.0
xterm.js: 6.1.0-beta.291
OS: Windows_NT x64 10.0.26200
For AI issues: which model did you use?
Composer 2.5.
For AI issues: add Request ID with privacy disabled
b2aed216-932c-4e93-be06-6e1443d20063
Additional Information
I’m not sure if this is an AI issue.
It seems like the agent harness could dispatch the subagent using the application settings regardless of what the LLM wants.
Does this stop you from using Cursor
No - Cursor works, but with this issue
