The new version of the cursor is very difficult to use

HI.

I recently updated to the latest version of Cursor and found the overall experience to be very poor. For example, when I open a .cpp file with Cursor and use the mouse to select some code, then press Ctrl+L, this part of the code will be displayed in the CHAT window on the right. So far, everything is normal. However, when I start asking some questions, this part of the code disappears. I know this part of the code has been folded or minimized, which is very bad for me.

For example, when I select 20 lines of code with my mouse and ask cursor to automatically add code comments, cursor will do it, but the answer provided by cursor will add a newline between each line of code, thus breaking the code indentation. In previous versions of cursor, this issue did not occur. Now, I am forced to accept the result given by this new version of cursor, and then replace the original code with the result given by cursor. I need to manually delete these newlines, but another problem arises: I often forget how the previous code was indented, so I need to look up the previous code. In the old version of cursor, the previous code would not be folded or minimized and would be displayed in the CHAT window along with the given answer. But now, I need to click many times to find the previous code, which is very troublesome.

I hope the cursor team can solve this problem, or add a cursor setting option to let users decide whether to collapse or minimize previous code.

–Best regards