The window terminated unexpectedly (reason:'crashed', code:'132') and entire composer history wiped

Haven’t had a total crash like this in a few months, around version .30 or so I believe? Now within an hour of updating to .40 I’m seeing this again with complete crashes.

This is catastrophic. We need stable releases.

2024-08-26 11:48:19.517 [error] CodeWindow: renderer process gone (reason: crashed, code: 132)
2024-08-26 11:48:19.579 [info] Extension host with pid 3718245 exited with code: 0, signal: unknown.

There’s no reason to be rushing these, your experimental forks must last longer. Now I’m halfway through a dif application and the whole composer history is gone.

I also got a crash like this today

Have you seen multiple crashes on 0.40? Do you have a reliable reproduction?

I’ve only been using it today for 2 hours. within that small amount of time it has already crashed and entirely wiped my composer chat while I was in the middle of applying changes. I’m not going to be trying composer again in this version clearly, so I’m not going to get to the point where it is reproducible. For what its worth, my first prompt was about 2 pages of text, then I went back and forth for about 4-5 messages. A long chat but nothing ridiculous.

It crashed again for me today. Unfortunately I don’t have a way to reproduce. The window was idle, I had two instances of Cursor open, only one crashed (the one that had been idle for some time), and I forgot to screenshot the crash popup message.