Unexpected "Apply" Behaviour since 0.40 makes Cursor impossible to use. (Flutter)

Dear Team,

I’m using Cursor to work with Flutter (Dart) code. Since the update 0.40 “Apply” function continiously keeps resulting with two copies of the same code.

It starts going through the file as usual, suggesting changes in the correct places, but when it gets to the end of the code it just ends up doubling my code. Files are relatively small (around 300 lines). I tried switching between different models, but the result is the same.

This was the most useful feature of Cursor for me personally. I had just paid for the subscription, and I am 100% your loyal supporter and I understand that bugs happen in all the apps.
The work you’ve done creating Cursor is beyond amazing but this bug is just killing it, I hope you can fix it soon.

Please, share the link to downgrade to the previous version of Cursor.

Thank you.

FWIW the current community understanding is that this is a back end issue and not related to downgrading to the previous IDE version.

Thread worth reading: Apply seems to be broken?

I’ve downgraded to the previous version and it’s made little difference, many of the challenges seem the same. Judging by the high number of similar posts made on the forum in the last couple of days, I’m hopeful that the Cursor team are aware and working on solving it.

1 Like