After recent updates Cursor crashes due to running out of memory

Describe the Bug

I have been using cursor in agentic fashion utilizing two chat windows. it keeps getting worse every day. In the last two days it has crashed on me 4 times, the last time within 30 minutes and that includes a reboot. Somehow it uses 56GB of memory and crashes, first it comes to a crawl, then freeze and then the entire system starts freezing, Outlook, Webex, BBEdit. I mean everything. Why doe this not clean up after itself and release some memory? Why does it keep crashing. Its not useful when you cannot use it.

Steps to Reproduce

I use agentic workflows leveraging two chat windows. in about 15-20 minutes of solid bouncing back adn forth between the two, Cursor will stop working, a minute or two later Mac dialog will popup asking yo uto kill resources.

Expected Behavior

Reach a point in the chat conversation (maybe 20-20MB) that Cursor offloads conversation to a file for historical reason. Everytime it gets 20/30MB it appends the file and finally saves it. If there is not a setting for this there should be. As an agentic user, I want my chat history saved. helps me learn and get better.

Operating System

MacOS

Current Cursor Version (Menu → About Cursor → Copy)

1.3.09 cursor version
vscode: 1.99.3

Does this stop you from using Cursor

Yes - Cursor is unusable

hi @Brent_Walker could you update to latest 1.4 version? We made lots of performance and stability improvements.