No unfortunately not. I have not been able to fix. There are some suggestions on the GitHub issue but these do not work for me. Keeping an eye on this as I do really like cursor but it’s not working at the moment for me on my work device
This was easy for me to fix with ChatGPT on Ubuntu 24. First you have to make the downloaded AppImage executable. After that, when launching it through the terminal, I got an error related to the sandbox not running as root. I won’t try to explain what this is because I don’t know. When launching cursor through the terminal, add --no-sandbox to the command line to launch it with sandbox disabled, this worked for me.
I had the same issue. It turned out Cursor’s automatic update process had downloaded an empty AppImage (0 bytes) and replaced the original with it!
So the solution to fix it is to replace the AppImage with the latest version:
Check that the AppImage is indeed only 0 bytes:
ls -al ~/Applications/cursor/cursor.AppImage
This should show something like this: -rwxr-xr-x 1 username username 0 Apr 30 23:29 /home/username/Applications/cursor/cursor.AppImage
If you don’t see the 0 and so the file is not empty:
Then this solution may not work for you. Although the file could also be corrupted or have lost its execution permissions, so you could still try it.
Delete the empty AppImage:
rm ~/Applications/cursor/cursor.AppImage
Download a new AppImage from the cursor site into the Downloads folder
(latest version was Cursor-0.49.6-x86_64.AppImage for me)