ClaudeDev vs Composer

I been having fun creating mini apps with both and comparing the results with one shot prompts. Now that I am getting used to having composer/claudedev write the code for me rather than me manually copy and paste I feel like there no going back…

Though once my simple v1 is working I do start to iterate slowly with features with cursor

I use the one shot prompt to get me something up and running

3 Likes

keep us posted how it works with more elaborate projects, many been saying it gets iffy after a while and return back to chat after the initial composer use

my thought is practicing one shot prompts and understanding how to write them to get me to the end… And if I make it to the end switch to cursor and start adding features.

Like everything else in technology it will only get better… I don’t see ever going back to the old way of coding or even pasting in code myself.

This is way more fun too

3 Likes

I wish Claude dev had an auto mode without having to confirm each action. That is the reason I’m not using it that much

1 Like

lemme give you an AutoHotkey script that ImageSearch clicks on “accept” anytime the button appears :wink:

set it to “use 37 max iterations” and see how far it gets <3

1 Like

Thanks for the idea! I’m using Ubuntu, so will need an alternative to ahk, but I suppose it can be done

1 Like

I totally agree. Hopefully, oneday when we say “I am coding”, we already know that the AI is there, and no need to mention “I am coding with an AI/Cursor”.

That is, making the AI/Cursor as the practical standard with no need to mention. That is why I am a little discouraged by some limitation techniqically that users no need to care originally.

I don’t mind it since I sometimes need to get involved. My prompts I put in steps and I want time to build and test after every step

1 Like

is AutoIT available there?

maybe py has some

Yes, something like autoit or autokey I think, also something with python too

PyAutoGui

try that one

1 Like