Question/Request: Manual edits intermixed with AI edits

I haven’t tried using Cursor yet, so this is a question (or an enhancement request if it isn’t currently available) regarding something I’m looking for.

When using Claude in the web UI, one thing that’s annoying (beyond having to constantly copy and paste code it provides to my code editor) is when it provides me with some code I want to make manual edits to and then later make AI edits to. I have to copy and paste the slightly updated version back to it before requesting new changes to it, or changes to other files that are dependent on that file.

Does Cursor’s Composer feature have the ability to see if any manual edits have been made to any pertinent files between the last thing it generates and the next prompt by the user, so that it can automatically update its context with the most recent file version without the user needing to manually request it to re-read that file (or however it works)? If not, this would be useful to have.

From my experience, when working in Composer, you can add files with the # tag.

So, say you were editing index.html, that tag would stay present in the Composer prompt input field until you clicked the x icon next to it to remove it.

Today, I have pretty much been working with Composer all day.

And I have been chatting about a particular file (which is tagged in the input) and I ask Composer to do things, and it suggests code, and then I accept it, and it is applied, and then i realise something is broken, or I make some manual changes to the file, and then I ask some more questions, and it gives me new suggested code etc.

it seems to me it is definitely looking at the most recent version of the file.

You actually see it moving through each line of the open file and creating a diff etc, so I am assuming it is ‘thinking’ about each line as it goes through it (or possibly that is just a UI feature, and the ‘thinking’ has already been completed by that stage).