Cursor composer stopped applying changes to my code

I’m on the Free pro trial.
Composer is providing the updated comments but then itsnt applying anything to the file, even if I click the save button in cntrl+shift+I.

I spent half a day and several messages wondering what was going on until, I just asked for a simple title to check it and realise the joke.

What’s going on?

1 Like

this happens to me sometimes, I pay for it. You’ll ask it for something and it is like, sure, you can do this, shows you code and I’m like… You do it! And then it keeps just telling me what to do. I’ve found restarting the app fixes it for a time.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

I surprised more people aren’t talking about it - especially on YT vids etc.

I paid for it too, thinking it’ll fix - but nope!

There’s been a few topics: Composer apply button stops working. It’s a long holiday weekend in the US, so I wouldn’t expect too much from the Cursor team until tomorrow.

Ah I didn’t know about the holiday!

Thanks for letting me know.

Happy holidays to you, if you’re there yourself.

everyone’s too busy coding!

1 Like

Also getting this error. Whats the best way to save your composer chat when restarting Cursor?

Following, as I have this problem and I’m on the pro version

Hi everyone! The Cursor team is aware of the issue and is actively working on a solution.

1 Like

I’m getting the same issue - click “apply” and nothing happens. Restarted, re-installed, thought I was going mad.

Same behavior here while using native mode or with own API keys, all models.

For the last 3 days it started giving so much problem to the point I can’t keep coding, I’m so frustrated right now, also me right now:

Same issue here. Seems intermittent, sometimes I have to copy and paste the output to force the Apply option to take when clicked.

I’ve said it elsewhere, but the cursor sh team really needs to get a regression test suite up and running, it would catch a lot of these issues.

Has there been any announcement or reply to these issues?

you cannot save chat from session to session - suggest using a todo doc to track where you are at in your current progress storing notes, then have composer review it when you come back.

Been having this issue all night. Composer generates, then will not apply, mind you this is on 0.41.1

Oh man, I had hopes this was fixed on 0.41.1