Apply Changes + Composer stopped working (SOLVED)

Cursor was working fine most of the day but earlier this afternoon Apply Changes in chat (Cmd+L) stopped working. Also noticed that Conposer stopped applying changes to files.

Unsure if this has to do with my fast requests being used up since I’ve been using a ton of slow requests all day long…

Hi @nico ,

I am just a fellow user, but adding the following questions to possibly assist with troubleshooting.

It might help if you added system information available from:

Cursor > Help > About

Also:

• Are you a Pro or free user?

• Have you looked at usage settings when logged in at https://www.cursor.com/settings ?

• If you search the forum for Apply you will see there are a few posts about the apply functionality not working occasionally, they might be able to provide you with a bit more insight

And in case it assists with your ‘slow requests’ scenario:

• Did you know that gpt-4o-mini is considered a non-premium model?

And in regard to Composer, if you didn’t already know, it is a beta feature, so there is some undesired behaviour occasionally:

I’m a Pro user on Version: 0.39.5. I’m using slow requests atm because I’ve used my fast requests, but that shouldn’t matter.

Here’s an example of the error in Composer (it happens regardless of the model being used):

1 Like

I hope that extra information assists the Cursor team in troubleshooting.

You may want to re-categorize this topic as a Bug Report as it does seem to be a bug.

@nico sorry about this bug! seems like the tool use experiments that i was doing went through, will remove for now

1 Like

Working again, thanks!

1 Like

I still have this issue. The composer is unable to apply changes to my files.
Screenshot 2024-08-17 110739

I think a new release will be out soon:

I still only see 0.39.5 when I try and download from cursor.com but I suppose the next release will be 0.39.6.

Just made another change on our backend, could you let me know if it still doesn’t work?

it works now but sometimes the “copy/paste” feature doesn’t work into the text field using composer. I try pasting in some text and it doesn’t. need to restart the whole cursor program to paste in what i need into composer.

@budsbunny ,

I think that is a bug:

this happened to me today too. I was so happy to see Composer in action and it was working great. I accidentally closed out Cursor altogether and when I came back, it stopped working and just keeps saying “Completed” and doesn’t give any option to apply

1 Like

Did you have any luck fixing this?

Ive got the same issue now