Grok Bot: Reset failed / computer stuck in partial state — can’t connect

Where does the bug appear (feature/product)?

Grok Bot

Describe the Bug

Subject: Urgent: Grok Bot computer unreachable all day – Reset won’t complete ([email protected])

Hello Grok Bot Support,

My Grok Bot cloud computer has been unreachable all day, and I can’t recover it from my side. My bots run daily business operations, so this is blocking my work. Please help.

Account: [email protected]
App version: Grok Bot 0.61.0 (Stable track), macOS
Affected bot: AA CARGO BOOKING (all bots share the same computer)

What I’m seeing:

  • The screen panel shows “Can’t reach AA CARGO BOOKING’s screen.” Retry briefly shows “Starting desktop” and then fails again.
  • The AA CARGO BOOKING agent is stuck on “working.” “Stop AA CARGO BOOKING” is accepted but never takes effect, so “Update Grok Bot’s Computer” stays greyed out.
  • “Reset Grok Bot’s Computer” stalls at 50% (“Starting Grok Bot’s computer”), then shows “Taking longer than expected” and never finishes. This has happened repeatedly today.
  • My scheduled routines (daily 9:49 AM and 11:59 PM) are failing.

What I’ve already tried, without success:

  1. Retry on the screen panel (multiple times)
  2. Fully quitting (Quit Grok Bot) and reopening the app
  3. Stopping the stuck agent
  4. Reset Grok Bot’s Computer
  5. Signing out and signing back in
  6. Changing my Mac’s DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 (I don’t use a VPN)

Based on similar reports in your community forum, it looks like my computer is stuck in a partial state on the backend. Could you please recover it manually? I’ve stopped attempting resets so I don’t interfere with your recovery.

A screenshot of the error screen is attached.

Thank you,
Alexander Hoyos

Steps to Reproduce

What I’ve already tried, without success:

  1. Retry on the screen panel (multiple times)
  2. Fully quitting (Quit Grok Bot) and reopening the app
  3. Stopping the stuck agent
  4. Reset Grok Bot’s Computer
  5. Signing out and signing back in
  6. Changing my Mac’s DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 (I don’t use a VPN)

Operating System

MacOS

Version Information

Version: 0.61.0
Update track: Stable
Status: “You’re up to date”
Automatic updates: On
Platform: macOS

Does this stop you from using Cursor

Yes - Cursor is unusable

Hey @Alexander_Hoyos, thanks for the report!

Your box should be in better shape now. Can you check?