Help with Cursor Application Log in Issue

Hello, I have downloaded and installed the Cursor application on my Windows computer. While I can log in normally on the web version, I cannot click the login button in the application, which prevents me from logging in. How can I resolve this issue?
Other Information:

I have already tried restarting the application and the computer.
Cleared the application cache.
Ensured that the network connection is normal and that I am not in a region with IP restrictions.
Currently using the latest version of Cursor.

Just a thought… there might be some logs outputting somewhere that you can check what might be stopping it from working, like down in the terminal panel or elsewhere. Not yet familiar enough with cursor to help but that would be my first thought.

1 Like

Hi @wave and @SinisterSpatula ,

The following is a list of information that is helpful to retrieve for most troubleshooting scenarios within Cursor:

01) Screenshot of issue (redact any sensitive information)

02) Steps to reproduce

03) System Information from:

Cursor > Help > About

04) Are you using VPN or zscaler?

05) Developer tools console errors

Open developer tools via:

Cursor > Help > Toggle Developer Tools

and then click Console and see if there are any related errors.

06) Logs

On Windows, you can find logs here:

C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Roaming\Cursor\logs

This is the parent folder of the folder that is opened when doing:

• Ctrl + Shift + P (to open command palette in Cursor)

• Typing and selecting Developer: Open Logs Folder

You can also view logs in Cursor > Terminal > Output and then click on the dropdown and select Window or one of the other Cursor specific options, such as Cursor Tab or Cursor Indexing & Retrieval.

In regard to your current issue @wave , if you don’t have access to any of the above locations yet, perhaps you could provide:

• A screenshot of where you are trying to login in Cursor (redact any sensitive information) and a screenshot of what happens after you try and login

• Specific steps to reproduce

Also, double check that you are trying to login to Cursor with the same email account that you used to sign up with.

For reference, the current version available to download by clicking on the Download button at www.cursor.com is 0.40.3.

1 Like

check if you have edge-vs-code extension installed, I fixed this issue by remove it.

1 Like

I don’t have the Edge-VS-Code extension, but I still can’t log in

Thank you,I will follow these steps. If I encounter any additional issues , I will reply you again.

Could you please provide some guidance on how to check the logs in the terminal panel or other locations? I’m not very familiar with this process.

Go to terminal area at the bottom, then go to output, then hit the dropdown and start looking for things that might show what’s going on with it:

1 Like

Thank you,I will try to do it.

hello have you been able to resolve this issue, cause i’m encountering thesame thing