How do I export chat with AI?

How do I export or share a chat with AI?
I want to be able to share my chat with AI same as ChatGPT does in order to share it with my coworkers.
Or at least be able to export it. Currently I have to copy/paste every chat message manually and it becomes very tedious work.
Screenshot is not an option, as I need to be able to search through it, and copy/paste content.

Are there any suggestions on how can I share/export quickly chat on Cursor AI?

8 Likes

No way right now, but noted as a feature request!

7 Likes

Iā€™d like to endorse this feature request. Or at least, some way to name and preserve chats. They can be invaluable reference.

Iā€™ve recently created a way to re-view ChatGPT conversations. Assuming youā€™re able to export using their default format easily, you could use it: GitHub - dreki/convo-formatter

3 Likes

Itā€™s great to hear that this has been noted as a feature request. Iā€™ll be eagerly awaiting its release!

+1 ā€¦ we are using Cursor for teaching and it would greatly help to be able to share chats as examples or for feedback / debugging. thanks!

1 Like

+1

Would like to store some really helpful conversations to Obsidian (or just standalone .MD file). Copy & Paste is clunky, and fomatting gets lost (code blocks especially).

1 Like

I think if each pull request also had the conversation that were asked of the AI saved and checked in with the PR. It would help fine tune chain of thought for JIRA to PR.

I made a prototype that used the custom editor api to edit chats in vs code. But I want to be able to hook it into cursor chat.

+1
Hope this feature can release soon. It would be greatly appreciated

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a quick workaround till this feature is implemented:

5 Likes

Just hit this stone wall using Cursor after just about switching fully over to using it! I pray this is implemented, as the key distinguishing feature of Cursor over VS Code is precisely the chat window - and if this chat window is lost and cannot be saved - my workflow quickly tops out and becomes debilitated for serious work.

Seems a critical feature I assumed would be top-of-list and already implemented.

Great program! This may be the show-stopper for me, however, in terms of using it.

2 Likes

Not sure if thereā€™s a better way to do this, but +1 on this :handshake:

1 Like

Please could we have an update/roadmap on this feature?

1 Like

I consider this a very useful feature. I recently had a very long interaction with my friend Sonnet, and I would love to export it so I can format it, remove all the unnecessary parts, and save it as a reference. This would be helpful for sharing with my team, save it as a doc in the repo, and for using it to feed the LLM tomorrow.

2 Likes