Suggestion Window is often outside of view

Greetings,

I am not sure whether this would be considered a Product Request or a Bug Report but I tried searching for a solution to this problem to no avail.

Basically my issue is that Copilot/Cursor has this ‘suggestion’ window that tends to pop up often while I’m writing code and it’s almost always outside of my view.

I don’t typically use my IDE in such a small window but I wanted to show an example of what I was running into using a basic component.

Is there any way to move where this ‘Suggestion Window’ appears? I’d imagine most of the time it’s giving useful suggestions but when I’m working it’s almost always outside of my view.

If there isn’t a way for the window to be moved, I’d at least appreciate somebody telling me what the proper name for this feature is called for future reference.

4 Likes

Bump, this is probably my biggest complaint with Cursor thus far.

Yeah, I’m having the same issue.

Making my editor’s fontSize smaller seems to have helped somewhat, though that obviously isn’t a great solution.

I’d imagine there’s likely some sort of settings.json properties that could be changed to potentially fix this problem though I’m not certain.

Maybe it could be changed by modifying the css file located at /Applications/Cursor.app/Contents/Resources/app/out/vs/workbench/workbench.desktop.main.css but that seems like a pretty extreme solution.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, and just to clarify, is the window you are referring to the one related to the ‘Smart Rewrites’ feature specified here:

https://www.cursor.com/features

I experience same behaviour.

It’s like the window needs to know it’s bounds, and perhaps line wrap if necessary (although that could get messy), so maybe it needs to be positioned at left of screen and underneath relevant code.

@baph , in regard to what the feature is called, I think it is ‘Smart Rewrites’, FYI - I wrote a post that describes and distinguishes each of the features here:

https://forum.cursor.com/t/separate-the-visual-ui-inlay-hints-into-multiple-togglable-options/7042/5

1 Like