Where does the bug appear (feature/product)?
Cloud Agent (GitHub, Slack, Web, Linear)
Describe the Bug
I use a Cursor Project Orchestrator, and initially I started it with a 4.7 high model, but then I have switched it in the model picker to 4.6 high. It keeps defaulting to 4.7 high. It absolutely ignores what I have set.
In settings, in Agent > Conversation> Model, I have selected “last used” instead of “cursor default”, and I still face this issue.
Steps to Reproduce
Start the projects orchestrator with a 4.7 high model. Send a few messages, and then in the model picker, switch to 4.6 high and send another message. Notice that this is still built as a 4.7 high model.
Expected Behavior
I expect that the model switches to a 4.6 high.
Screenshots / Screen Recordings
Operating System
MacOS
Version Information
Version: 3.21.18 (Universal)
VS Code Extension API: 1.128.0
Commit: c4730f7d93d787d9ab120af715999f0345ee5bc0
Date: 2026-09-22T02:04:34.641Z
Layout: IDE
Build Type: Stable
Release Track: Default
Electron: 42.10.0
Chromium: 148.0.7778.280
Node.js: 24.18.1
V8: 14.8.178.38-electron.0
xterm.js: 6.1.0-beta.291
OS: Darwin x64 23.6.0
Does this stop you from using Cursor
No - Cursor works, but with this issue
