[Deprecated] How to join Cursor Nightly

UPDATE: Cursor nightly is no longer maintained.

Our nightly build gets early updates off of our development branch.

This is best for people who want to give feedback on our latest features and don’t mind a bit of bugginess.

To join Nightly

1. Join the Cursor Discord (we mostly use this for nightly users)
  2. Download Cursor Nightly from the #getting-started-nightly channel

Please ping us with thoughts and bug reports in the Discord! Your feedback will shape what we build next :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello, just tried this, I was originally in the server but I left and re-joined with this link but it doesn’t give me access to the channel, I did however get the nightly build!

Ah, was a private channel. Just made it public.

1 Like

I can see the channel, thanks for the quick reply!

Once you’re in discord, please check the nightly channel’s pinned messages for additional information and the email required for the nightly download form.

I’ve installed the nightly , does it receive updates too? Or do i have to keep re-downloading it? havent’ see any update notification for 2 days

Nightly has auto-update too. The latest version is 0.14.3 currently (released 3 days ago).

Hello! If someone of the dev team could compile a windows ARM version, I would be very happy to be a cobaye for that!

Is the nightly version still maintained? The last releases did all come directly to the prod version, at least when I checked (maybe I missed it?)

Hey! Cursor Nightly is no longer maintained.

For getting feedback on experimental features, we’ve switched to a strategy of placing them in Settings > Beta and letting any curious Cursor users enable them. For stability, we’ve settled into a cadence of releasing builds every 1-2 weeks and doing more internal testing.

While Nightly was great for a while, we think this strikes a balance of letting any Cursor user pick the experimental features they care about, while also improving our debugging feedback loops.

We recommend existing Nightly users download Cursor from cursor.sh to continue using the editor.

We apologize for the thrash here. Thank you to all nightly users for helping to make Cursor great :heart:.

2 Likes