"Here are some code snippets I think will be especially relevant: ..." strange chats with gpt4o

I just realized that this is possibly a prompt bleeding over into the chat itself, but I am really not sure. Either way, it’s odd behavior, so I figured I would make a post here to bring it up.

Basically, aside from the somewhat expected 4o longwinded/repetitive responses, which I don’t really mind, I’ve been observing that the model will respond by beginning its messages with, verbatim, "Here are some code snippets I think will be especially relevant: " and proceed into its response. At first, I actually thought this might just be odd behavior, but as noted, it seems more likely that this is something like a prompt given to the model to show it the actual code snippets from my Cursor window.

Anyway, not a huge problem or anything - amusing, more than anything, I suppose lol. But it seems like something that shouldn’t be happening & probably an easy fix, so hopefully this is a helpful report. Cheers.

Thanks for reporting! Just made a change on my end, does this still happen?

So far I’ve not seen this happen anymore :slight_smile: I will be sure to comment if that changes, but otherwise, thanks for the quick reply & fix!