Importing Extensions and Settings from vscode insiders

I’m trying to import my extensions, settings, and themes from my vscode insiders. I clicked the Import button in settings but it didn’t work. I’m very new to cursor, someone please help me.

1 Like

Hmm, maybe the import function in the Cursor settings only uses the normal VSCode build and not Insiders.

You can export your VSC profile from Insiders and import it in Cursor: How to import all styles / themes from VSC? - #2 by Jakob

1 Like

Bump, I’d also love to have this functionality OOTB, especially if combined with “Sync of Keybindings and Settings” (#31). Would consider switching to Coder as my primary IDE if this was implemented, but as-is I’m not willing to maintain two versions of all my settings.

As first time user this also was the first time I tried and abandoned Cursor - started install, it imported all my settings from VSCode which I don’t use and not VSCode Insider which is where all my extensions and settings live, and then I had a Cursor that wasn’t remotely setup for me to work with and I closed it and left.

So +1 for let me choose or offer or at least warn me ahead of time what i need to do to get my Insider settings.

1 Like

I am also having my extensions in VSCode insiders.

Here are the steps:

• Turn on settings sync in VSCode insiders (I synced everything but you can choose to sync what you want when turning on)
  • Download VSCode
  • Your settings/extensions will be synced to VSCode
  • You can import them from Cursor