Linux AppImage freezes Ubuntu on launch

Navigating to my Downloads folder where the AppImage is and clicking it resulted in Ubuntu freezing two times even the REISUB would not work so had to power down with power button.

Right clicking on it and running it was okay. I also did not launch my 2 windows, total 10 -ish tabs of Chrome before launching Cursor this time. I have about 20 GB of RAM so it should not be a problem.

Please make a .deb package.

Does this also happen if you try this download? https://download.cursor.sh/builds/240219qdbagglqz/linux/appImage/x64

That looks to be the same version I am launching.

I am too experiencing exactly same problem.

I have the same problem when try to open a folder clicking on the ‘Open a Folder’ button

I had the exact same issue with cursor freezing on opening a folder. After launching it via console I got these errors:

[main 2024-04-27T08:04:43.829Z] [storage state.vscdb] error checking size of src.vs.platform.reactivestorage.browser.reactiveStorageServiceImpl.persistentStorage.workspaceUser: Error: Unexpected number of rows - 0
[main 2024-04-27T08:04:43.829Z] [storage state.vscdb] error checking size of workbench.panel.aichat.view.aichat.chatdata: Error: Unexpected number of rows - 0
[main 2024-04-27T08:04:44.603Z] [storage state.vscdb] error checking size of workbench.panel.aichat.view.aichat.chatdata: Error: Unexpected number of rows - 0

I “fixed” those by finding state.vscdb (multiple files):

find ~ -name "state.vscdb"

and then moving each to another location:

mv path_to_state.vscdb path_to_state.vscdb.backup

After that everything is working smooth. Hope this helps you! Had this problem for 2-3 months now and it made cursor unusable for me on Ubuntu.