Frustrated by copy paste

i can not copy paste anything into the chat anymore.

Bruh, Command + L?

When are you using copy-paste?

Command L opens a new chat, i want to copy and paste parts of the code and keep my chat, this worked a few hours ago and the past few months, it stopped working now

Hey, sounds like the new chat shortcut is colliding with your copy and paste shortcut.

You can configure all the shortcuts in Cursor using the Keyboard Settings page. To get to this, open the command palette (CTRL/CMD+P) and type “Keyboard” and you’ll see it on the list.

In there, you can configure the keyboard shortcuts for each action in Cursor. If you want to have CMD+L as your copy and/or paste, you can change the shortcut for opening the chat window to something else.

The best way I’ve found so by pressing the option in the search bar to read your keyboard inputs, then entering the shortcut you want to remove, as it will list everything currently bound to that shortcut.

If you get stuck with any of this, let me know and we’ll see what we can do :slight_smile:

ctrl command p does nothing

v
not even ctrl shift l works

as always, no support on email and no support on forum. im done with this mess of a software and company

1 Like

You were told that your shortcuts might be overridden, so go into that file and check.

ctrl command p does nothing how am i supposed to open keyboard shortcut then ?

cmd + shift + p - for macos
ctrl + shift + p - for windows

Whatever, those shortcuts did not open anything i had to manually go into settings and keyboard settings

seems like ctrl+v is still paste so there is notheing overriding, can we fix this already ?

changed all shortcuts, i cant paste anything i copy inside the cursor app, i can paste it outside the app this is lame

and now i get this constantly, i think this software aint worth 24 euros a month, id pay 6

The more i try to fix it the more i laugh, so i can copy things from outside the app and paste it in chat, but once i copy something inside the app i can no longer paste in the chat until i restart the client

can someone tell me where can i ask for a refund ?

Getting support for this app seems like a privilege or something, i cant even copy paste anything in the chat or what ? i have to copy it inside the app paste it in a txt and copy from the txt and paste it back in the app this is lame ! What am i paying for exactly ? Headache

i also changed all my key shortcuts its not working

Hey, try reinstalling Cursor, in 99% of cases, that helps.
The process is described here:

It’s a known bug, and it’s been happening for a while unfortunately. The reason is when you copy something from inside Cursor it tries to attach it as “context” from a file when pasting instead of pasting as plaintext. This has been broken occasionally for a while. The only solution when it’s broken is to first paste to some other txt editor or the address bar of the browser and then copy from there and paste into Cursor. It keeps happening to me as well and it’s extremely frustrating.