Grok Bot 0.68.1 macOS: Can't reach computer, delete fails, Update does nothing

Where does the bug appear (feature/product)?

Grok Bot

Describe the Bug

DNS lookup to the Grok Bot computer host succeeds on both default DNS and 1.1.1.1

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Install Grok Bot 0.68.1 (Stable, Apple silicon) on MacBook Air 13-inch, Apple M5.
  2. Sign in and open an existing bot (New Bot).
  3. Open the Computer tab. It shows “Can’t reach New Bot’s screen”. Retry does not connect.
  4. Try to delete the bot. Error: Couldn’t delete “New Bot” / Check your connection and try again.
  5. Settings → Updates → Update Grok Bot’s Computer, then Click Again to Confirm. Nothing happens (no progress).
  6. Fully quit with Cmd+Q, log out, sign in again. Same errors.

Expected Behavior

The Computer tab should show the bot’s screen. Deleting a bot and Update Grok Bot’s Computer should run, or show a real error, instead of doing nothing.

Screenshots / Screen Recordings

Operating System

MacOS

Version Information

Grok Bot 0.68.1
Update track: Stable
Platform: macOS, Apple silicon
Machine: MacBook Air 13-inch, Apple M5, 24 GB
Settings → Updates: You’re up to date

Additional Information

DNS to the computer host works on default DNS and 1.1.1.1. Chat still replies. Computer screen, delete bot, and Update Grok Bot’s Computer do not. Update confirm click produced no progress.

Does this stop you from using Cursor

Yes - Cursor is unusable

Hey, thanks for the detailed report and screenshot. I can see “Can’t reach New Bot’s screen” and three “New Bot” entries in the sidebar.

Most importantly, this isn’t related to your network or setup. Your DNS and connection look fine. The issue is on the service side. Your bot’s computer didn’t finish its very first startup. That’s why the Computer tab can’t load the screen, deleting the bot fails with “Check your connection” even though it isn’t actually a connection issue, and Update shows no progress. Chat still works because it doesn’t depend on that computer.

This is a known issue that we’re tracking. While it’s being fixed, there’s no need to click Update or Reset again. It won’t help. You also don’t need to reinstall or log out and back in. Your account and bots are fine.

We’ll reply here as soon as your computer is back up.

thx a lot so much i waiting :slight_smile:

Can’t add new bots. Can’t send images to one bot I have. Can’t change name of one bot. Can’t reset computer. Help!

Where does the bug appear (feature/product)?

Grok Bot

Describe the Bug

My browser blocks every action with a credential-check error

When: Oct 7, 2026, between 05:34 and 05:42 UTC

What happens: Every browser action fails before it runs, including opening a page and taking a screenshot. The error each time is “The box could not confirm that no saved credential is being filled into its browser, so this tool did not run. Retry in a few seconds.”

Steps to Reproduce

I encountered this bug when I asked Grok to open a website for me. It didn’t work for all the websites I tried.

Screenshots / Screen Recordings

Operating System

MacOS

Version Information

Both MAC and Windows

Does this stop you from using Cursor

No - Cursor works, but with this issue

Where does the bug appear (feature/product)?

Grok Bot

Describe the Bug

What happened:

  • Grok Bot’s computer / desktop became unreachable or unusable (browser/desktop actions fail).
  • Update Computer and Reset failed. Reset showed roughly: “Reset couldn’t finish. Grok Bot’s computer may be in a partial / incomplete state — retry to run the reset again.”
  • After repeated failures, Update and Reset are now grayed out / disabled.
  • Chat still works for text; shared Agent Computer browser/desktop does not.

Steps to Reproduce

Already confirmed (per support instructions):

  • I have STOPPED clicking Reset or Update.
  • I have NOT reinstalled the app.
  • I have NOT signed out / signed back in (waiting for your guidance).
  • Support told me not to Reset/Update again while the team recovers on the backend (ticket T-G77132).

Operating System

Windows 10/11

Version Information

Platform & version:
Windows (win32), Grok Bot 0.68.1
Build time: 2026-10-06T04:18:23.570Z
Update channel: stable
Desktop machine: DESKTOP-HLJNEFS

Does this stop you from using Cursor

Yes - Cursor is unusable

Where does the bug appear (feature/product)?

Grok Bot

Describe the Bug

Signed up last night, and none of the agents can connect to their desktop. I get the “Can’t reach 's screen” with a Retry button.

I have attempted to reset the computer and that always fails halfway through.

Installing AWS mcp apps fail.

Can chat with bots fine.

OS: Omarchy Linux, WIndows 11, iOS
Grok Bot: 0.68.1

Account Email: same tied to this forum account

Steps to Reproduce

Open Grok Bot.
Click on a bot/agent
Bot panel shows “starting desktop”
Receive error “Can’t reach 's screen”

Expected Behavior

Bot is able to connect to desktop

Operating System

Linux

Version Information

Version: 0.68.1
Built: 2026-10-06T04:15:58.182Z
Release Track: stable
OS: linux

Does this stop you from using Cursor

Yes - Cursor is unusable

Hey all, thanks for the reports and for your patience. We’ve merged them into this thread since they share one cause.

Your Grok Bot’s computer didn’t finish its very first startup, so the Computer screen, browser actions, adding or renaming bots, installing apps, and Update or Reset can’t work yet. This isn’t anything on your side, and signing out or reinstalling won’t change it. Chat with your bot keeps working.

We’re looking into it.

Same here. My account is [email protected]. I can’t upload any screenshots into grok bot right now. rooms are working strangely or not at all. i get that “send after reconnect” for 1 to 10 seconds then if it’s an attachment it won’t go, but messages with nothing do go. not sure if it’s Grok Bot (the specific gold star one) or all mind. I posted this in another thread, not sure if they’re being merged so if you guys see this as a duplicate, sorry!

My bot also can’t open the cloud computer or upload files. Could it be a problem with the cloud computer? My friend’s account has already fixed this issue, but mine hasn’t yet.
My account is [email protected]

My bot also can’t open the cloud computer or upload files. Could it be a problem with the cloud computer? My friend’s account has already fixed this issue, but mine hasn’t yet.
My account is [email protected]

Thanks.

Same failure on a different account. Bot name: AI Lead. Computer tab shows “Can’t reach AI Lead’s screen.” Retry does not connect. Recover and Update Grok Bot’s Computer do nothing (no progress). Phone hotspot also fails, so this is not the local network. Chat still works. Please reprovision this computer on the service side. I have stopped clicking Reset and Update.

Hi, I’m seeing something similar to this thread and want to check whether it’s the same known issue.

Setup

  • Grok Bot 0.68.1, standalone desktop app
  • macOS 26 (Tahoe), Apple silicon (M3 Pro)

What I’m trying to do
Delete my only bot and its conversation from GrokBot white color , so that nothing is left on my account.

What happens

  • [Describe exactly what you see: for example “I hover over the row in the left sidebar and no trash icon or ⋯ menu appears”, or “I click Delete and get the error:
    ___”.]
  • The right-click menu on the sidebar row shows: [what it shows].

What does work

  • Chat replies normally.
  • The bot’s computer starts. I can see its Linux desktop in the Computer tab, and it could run commands on my Mac with approval.
  • So this doesn’t look like the “computer didn’t finish its first startup” case in the other thread. But delete fails in the same way.

What I did

  • I deleted the skill I had saved and cleared the bot’s saved rules.
  • I removed the allowed-folder permission in the Computer tab.
  • I have not clicked Update or Reset, following the staff advice in that thread.
  • I haven’t reinstalled the app or signed out.

Questions

  1. Is this the same known issue? Is there an ETA?
  2. Until it’s fixed, is there another way to delete the conversation, for example on the web?
  3. Is there a ticket I should reference?

Happy to share more detail if it helps. Thanks.