Where does the bug appear (feature/product)?
Grok Bot
Describe the Bug
Grok Bot computer update is stuck and I cannot use Grok Bot at all.
Screen: “Updating Grok Bot’s Computer”
Step: “Transferring your data” at 43%
Message: “Update still running”
I need Grok Bot restored. Please recover/reattach my existing Agent Computer on the backend.
Do NOT Reset.
Keep my bots, files, logins, and chats.
Already tried:
- Waiting on the update screen
- Continue in background / Keep waiting
- Did not press Reset
This is not a chat/model issue, so I have no Request ID.
Privacy Mode: [off / on / cannot disable]
Account email: [seu email]
Grok Bot version: [versão]
OS: [Mac/Windows + versão]
Stuck since: [hora / quanto tempo]
Steps to Reproduce
- Open Grok Bot on desktop.
- The Agent Computer became unavailable / crashed.
- The app started “Updating Grok Bot’s Computer” by itself (backup, recreate, then transfer data).
- It stays on “Transferring your data” at 43% and never finishes.
- The dialog does not go away after waiting, restarting the app, or using “Continue in background”.
- I did not press Reset.
- Grok Bot is unusable until this screen clears.
Expected Behavior
Grok Bot computer update is stuck and I cannot use Grok Bot at all.
Screen: “Updating Grok Bot’s Computer”
Step: “Transferring your data” at 43%
Message: “Update still running”
I need Grok Bot restored. Please recover/reattach my existing Agent Computer on the backend.
Do NOT Reset.
Keep my bots, files, logins, and chats.
Already tried:
- Waiting on the update screen
- Continue in background / Keep waiting
- Did not press Reset
This is not a chat/model issue, so I have no Request ID.
Privacy Mode: [off / on / cannot disable]
Account email: [seu email]
Grok Bot version: [versão]
OS: [Mac/Windows + versão]
Stuck since: [hora / quanto tempo]
Screenshots / Screen Recordings
Operating System
MacOS
Version Information
Grok Bot Versio 4.7
For AI issues: which model did you use?
Not a model issue.
Grok Bot default / Auto.
Stuck on Agent Computer update: “Transferring your data” at 43%.
For AI issues: add Request ID with privacy disabled
The update of Grok Bot’s Computer should finish in a few minutes and then reconnect.
After that I should be able to use Grok Bot again, with my existing bots, files, logins, and chats still there.
The “Updating Grok Bot’s Computer” screen should not stay stuck on “Transferring your data” at 43%.
Additional Information
I need Grok Bot restored as soon as possible. I cannot use it at all while this screen is stuck.
This is a Grok Bot Agent Computer update hang:
- Title: Updating Grok Bot’s Computer
- Stuck on: Transferring your data
- Progress: 43%
- Message: Update still running / large image download or data transfer may take a few minutes
Please recover/reattach my existing Agent Computer on the backend.
Do NOT Reset.
Keep my bots, files, logins, and chats.
Already tried:
- Waiting on the update screen
- Continue in background / Keep waiting
- Did not press Reset
No Request ID: this is not a chat/model request.
Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (Brazil)
Stuck since: 2026-09-26 around 20:48 local time
Account email: [email protected]
Grok Bot version: 4.7
OS: macOS / Windows Mac/OS
Does this stop you from using Cursor
Yes - Cursor is unusable

