OpenAI api key says last used - NEVER

I’ve been using my OpenAI API Key in Cursor and for some reason on OpenAI’s site, it says for Last Used - Never for the key, but the requests are going through and have gone through in the past.

Any idea why this happens and it doesn’t reflect the correct usage on OpenAI? This a bug? Security problem?

For how long have you been using your own API key in Cursor? Maybe the OpenAI dashboard just has a delay.

Been using it for over a week

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 11.23.15 AM

You have the toggle “Using key” enabled as well?

@Jakob Yup!

Which is why I find it strange

Does sending messages increase your request count in the Cursor dashboard instead? => Cursor - The AI-first Code Editor

Maybe it’s not using your API key but using your account requests. Then maybe toggling the switch off and on again or clicking the arrow button next to your key fixes it.

@Jakob Nope it doesnt

" gpt-4

You’ve used no requests out of your 50 slow requests quota."

Yet this is the OpenAI usage section:

But the OpenAI api key section still says that API key has never been used

Huh this is odd, wonder if it’s a bug with OpenAI’s reporting? Or maybe you’ve found an infinite-free-LLM-generation loophole :smiley:

Unsure what kind of bug it is and where it is

But in the past OpenAI has recognized API key usage for other applications

Anyways, just wanted to report that to see if anyone else is having the same bug

Thanks for the replies

I am seeing the same bug

Same here.

Have tried 5 differnt keys, toggling away. No activity on any of them.

same thing here, looks like Open AI bug because when I use my key with cursor I see charges in $$ on my usage panel

I’ve had similar experiences, but even if you don’t see the last date your API key was used, you’ll still be billed for usage and have to pay for it.

Lately, I’ve been noticing quite a few bugs with OpenAI’s services. It is one of them. A good first step could be reaching out to their support at help.openai.com.