Settings wiped on login

Where does the bug appear (feature/product)?

Cursor IDE

Describe the Bug

Upon login, cursor settings wiped. all my saved past chats are completely gone. Installe went through first-time-setup. My models with api keys/ui/extensions. I have not enable any models yet my codex extension is still connecting just fine. I am using azure openai, but even that is disabled, like all other models.

Steps to Reproduce

I saved my settings and logged in and it persisted. I don’t want to lose everything again.

Expected Behavior

My settings to persist.

Operating System

Linux

Current Cursor Version (Menu → About Cursor → Copy)

Version: 1.5.9
VSCode Version: 1.99.3
Commit: de327274300c6f38ec9f4240d11e82c3b0660b20
Date: 2025-08-30T21:02:27.236Z
Electron: 34.5.8
Chromium: 132.0.6834.210
Node.js: 20.19.1
V8: 13.2.152.41-electron.0
OS: Linux x64 6.14.0-29-generic

Does this stop you from using Cursor

No - Cursor works, but with this issue

Hey, thanks for the report. This is quite a strange and unusual issue. Could you confirm that there’s enough space on your disk? This can sometimes happen when disk space is running low, which triggers auto-cleanup. Also, some antivirus programs may delete important files, or if you’re using software to clean your computer’s cache, that could be a factor too. If any of these apply to your case, I’d recommend checking them.