Feedback after 2 weeks of use

I’m a long time VSCode user, and I’ve also been using Copilot since the first time it came out. I’ve been testing Cursor for the last couple of weeks and it’s awesome. Your AI-assisted workflow is a huge improvement over the Copilot and other LLMs, I’ve been frustrated with Copilot being unable to make these types of edits in the code that Cursor now offers. But there are issues I’m experiencing and I’d like to share my take. All of the issues I have are because of the way you modified the original VS Code. What am I talking about? You changed the standard VS Code shortcuts, the Cmd+K shortcut for clearing the terminal doesn’t work anymore (now triggers the AI), you changed the UI in many places, the extensions market search is very slow for some reason compared to VS Code, there are these small glitches in the UI compared to VS Code, the “cursor” CLI doesn’t work when opening files and directories from the terminal.

If I were to do what you did, I’d make only the necessary changes to implement the algorithm, and leave everything else the same. This way it would be much easier to maintain the code (basically just rebase on the upstream VSCode periodically). Also, I would piggy back onto the Copilot and use the same shortcuts (and add additional shortcuts using the same pattern if necessary). This way you wouldn’t disrupt the people who use plain VSCode without Copilot and already know the shortcuts, but also for those who use Copilot (they can’t be used at the same time so it is fine). If an extension comes out (or Copilot gets an upgrade) for original VSCode that solves what your algorithm does, I’ll switch back, because I won’t need to change my habits and I’ll have access to huge community with regular updates.