Noticed that apply doesn't seem to be applying anymore?

Ive closed Cursor down and re-opened and noticed that it doesnt seem to be applying changes to files anymore. Haven’t changed the way I’ve been using it, seems odd.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Basically, I click apply > wait for it to run through the existing file, then normally the file has changed indicating I need to save. This doesn’t happen currently.

4 Likes

Hmm, I think this has something to do with it suggesting to do something it has already done. So no changes have been noted.

2 Likes

Equally … not populating the file with the results

2 Likes

Yep, +1

Got the same problem.

In all these cases, do you expect the model to make changes?

I am noticing this as well. Sometime the apply does not work and also replies just don’t work.

Same problem here, sometimes it will apply other times it will not.

So I’m personally having a hard time delineating between Cursor not generating/applying changes, and just plane reaching the limit of the underlying models capabilities. I’ll ask many times in a row for a change to fix an issue, and it just gives me the code it’s already given me and pretends it’s a change.

3 Likes

oh. yes. particularly with composer

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

I am seeing the same problem of the “apply” button in the chat not doing anything. In my case, this is definitely a modification to the code, not code that has already been applied.

Restarting cursor fixed the problem, but this is not intended behaviour.

I am on macOS 14.6.1 with the following Cursor version:

Version: 0.40.4
VSCode Version: 1.91.1
Commit: 63dae81aea2c3fc079420fe72578a8eef26ba870
Date: 2024-09-05T02:52:05.660Z (2 days ago)
Electron: 29.4.0
ElectronBuildId: undefined
Chromium: 122.0.6261.156
Node.js: 20.9.0
V8: 12.2.281.27-electron.0

Same issue here. Or applying changes as if it will fix an error then giving another error, changing the code back to the code you had before. I’m going back and forth between two errors and two versions of code in a constant loop. I can’t figure it out.

1 Like

applying is very intermittent for me. I get 1 hour of work when applying is fine and suddenly cursor goes It goes on strike and says it’s applied it but hasn’t and then insists that I do it until I order it to do it. any workaround?

1 Like

I am new to this, and still trialing. And Yes, I got the same issue.
Besides, I found that, sometimes, when after I press ctrl+s, which would do the save and format as in vscode, then the file page would return to the cursor lint apply/not view.

1 Like

Does anybody have a workaround for this as it’s killing me?

I noticed this today with Chat today. It seems to happen after an extended use of the app. It’s almost as if you need to reset the cache or something. Restarting or starting a new chat usually fixes it.

1 Like

Same here. After few iterations, Cursor stops editing the code and is repeating only information about the changes. This way I could have stayed with Codeium! Happens every day. Unusable.

Screen: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Console: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Yep, same here. Restarting did not help for me.

1 Like

I have the same issue. No edits apply from chat or composer no matter how small the file is. Doesn’t even work with an empty file. Can someone please help? (on Version: 0.40.4)