Restarting/repeating Agent conversations

Describe the Bug

The agent keeps repeating itself like it’s starting or stuck in some loop. Happens in Auto or with a premium model. I even rebooted. Cursor is unusable.

Version: 1.3.2 (Universal)
VSCode Version: 1.99.3
Commit: 7db9f9f3f612efbde8f318c1a7951aa0926fc1d0
Date: 2025-07-24T22:11:49.332Z
Electron: 34.5.1
Chromium: 132.0.6834.210
Node.js: 20.19.0
V8: 13.2.152.41-electron.0
OS: Darwin arm64 24.5.0

Steps to Reproduce

Start any conversation and give it some direction - did anybody even test this thing?

Screenshots / Screen Recordings

Operating System

MacOS

Current Cursor Version (Menu → About Cursor → Copy)

Version: 1.3.2 (Universal)
VSCode Version: 1.99.3
Commit: 7db9f9f3f612efbde8f318c1a7951aa0926fc1d0
Date: 2025-07-24T22:11:49.332Z
Electron: 34.5.1
Chromium: 132.0.6834.210
Node.js: 20.19.0
V8: 13.2.152.41-electron.0
OS: Darwin arm64 24.5.0

Does this stop you from using Cursor

Yes - Cursor is unusable

Yup, Did that to me MANY TIMES over the last few days, It burned out all my allotment in 3 days! It just keeps running and running. I went to the bathroom and got distracted - this thing was just flying along burning up all my money, time, electricity, ect. After a while, to keep your sanity, You gotta just sit back and watch it burn LOL, WTF! CURSOR BLOWS!

Having the same issue.

Reverting to the last version through the download page is what fixed this for me. Uninstalled the updated version and installed an older one.

I have the same issue, keep repeating itself in a loop

Which version did you downgrade to

I cleared all my chats, rebooted/restarted cursor and that seemed to help but only for a short while, eventually the problem occurs again. Don’t sneeze or you’ll get charged for nothing.

Even though the model is not going in a loop when I clear all the chats, it is unable to execute its own task list. it is stuck on the last item it did and that’s all it will do. I even asked it to create a task list and it won’t execute the new list as it claims success on that one old task.

After downgrading to 1.1, the issue is still persisting. Losing requests for no reason because of this.

Been having this same issue all day. Seems to run 3-4 commands and then head into a repetitive cycle. The only option is to close the chat, start a new one, and watch every step till it happens again. Burning a lot of credits and super frustrating.

I keep having the same issue as well, starting a chat helps for a few commands then it start looping again

Noticed this too after the update today. Unusable at this point.

Having the same problem. It is incredibly annoying.

Same issue here. Looks like we’re all in the same boat.

If anyone at Cursor is working on anything but fixing this, they’re working on the wrong things. It is one of the most frustrating product behaviours I have ever seen. I hope for a fix today.

I completely agree. This bug makes cursor worse than completely useless.

+1 to everyone. Same issue on v.1.2.4. Something about the context management that’s done on the backend I presume?

Awaiting announcement of customerbase refunds for the month of July considering these problems and the UI lying about the monthly token usage limit, leading to multiple times the intended expenditure of customers.

I got the same problem here. It keeps repeating what I asked the agent 2-3 requests prior to current one. Can’t get out of it without starting a new chat but it comes back after a short time again. Completely unusable now. This is in Auto mode. For some reason is starts analyzing the current requests but reverts back to previous ones and generates the same responses over and over. I wish I had turned updates off because last 2 days using it has had many issues. I reverted back to 1.2.4 but no luck.
Need to finish this project and it is causing a lot of issues.

One temporary fix you can follow at the moment is, in between each new prompt, force quit cursor and re-open it. (This is to not make new conversations, it is to continue working in the same conversation.)

So basically:

  1. Send the prompt. Let it do its thing
  2. Force quit Cursor
  3. Re-open Cursor
  4. Send your new prompt
  5. Repeat the steps.

Only temporary fix at this time.